Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Costume

And just what am I to wear to this fandango?
Should I encourage some of you to dress
as pirates, swains and cavaliers,
that I not stand out as male alone;
or come in drag and not be able
to dance with Fran and the girls?

Imagine me as a dancing girl --
shades of "Victor-Victoria",
except that my thundering feet
might wake the dead ...

or maybe as the queen for 'Alice',
'cept I'd have to be mean --
forget it...

perhaps as Salome, hidden behind
all those veils of gosomer mystery,
'cept I'd go bankrupt buying silk,
and have you ever tried to sew that suff?

hmmmm

2 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

In my mind's eye I can see you in a rather stylish pirate's outfit faucon - with a big black eye patch and long dark hair.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Come as you are! You are welcome, man! We'll sing, dance and yarn about our times round the camp fire.

Lavengro

 

Post a Comment

<< Home