Thursday, October 13, 2005

Damsel Cart

When that special cart arrives,
to nestle safely 'neath the pines;
perhaps Lavengro and I in turns
can guide the ladies to the earth
beat firm and warm by dancing feet.

I used to dance
with a child standing on my feet,
and sometimes on my knees,
and I can be six feet tall again
as may be my call and joy.

While this is going on, in fancy,
some of you may take Nessie aside
and braid her hair with flowers
and teach her how to play a drum
or sing and be herself --
a girl again.

papa

5 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Fran said...

Thank you so much for this one Faucon. May I too have flowers and braids and join Nessie in being a girl again. Fran, the Secretary

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger faucon of Sakin'el said...

Aye, and as ye would prance
in the moonlight,
will ye be wantin' the first dance --
or the last??

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Fran said...

Thank ye kindly I'll be wearin my Nova Scotia plaid. I've left a dancing donky on the donkeys inc. especially for the girls.

D'y ken, dear faucon, if I might have a wee drap afore the dancin? the Sec.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger faucon of Sakin'el said...

My great-great-grandad danced a jig on his 100th birthday while chugging a pint of Irish.

dipple away (or is it thriple?) We'll stay close to a tree if you hide the flask in your garters.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I remember my Dad had us dance with him like that. Thanks for bringing back the lovely memories.

And everyone will have flowers in their hair - without exceptions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home