Saturday, October 22, 2005

Pegasus Saga (3)

PEGUSUS by Right (3)

I am sure the steed of light
is used to riders anxious to be
off and gone,
but I settled back against a mossy stone
and played with a sprig of thyme.

"I doubt you have ever been
to where I wish to go," says I;
and gained Pegasus' full attention --
of one eye grey,
the other green,
and quivering nostrils
in between.

"and I'm not worried that you can get there,
but …," I trial off.

Of my future flight attendant,
I did not sense any change;
but it seemed that the silence grew heavy
as other, unseen beings hovered near.

I continued unafraid,
"my fear is that you may not return,
it being so beautiful and all,
and I'd be stranded, or delayed;
and me not being immortal like you,
well …"

I cannot describe the welling of emotion
that rippled over me, for I (and thee)
cannot mix curiosity, compassion and indignation
in a snort --
of mirth, with echoed laughter --
but also something else beyond and through.
Pegasus offered me friendship,
and everything was answered.

"All I ask," I sent a thought-song;
"Is that you bring this experience to me,
if I ask too much of trust and fancy;
for I would gift this place to you
for evermore --
to rest and enjoy
alone."

Pegasus seemed more of a colt
as he settled into the meadow grass
now resplendent with flowers
and bees chanting mantras.

The waving fir tips brought a message,
"as it will be --
everywhere and at all times."

I knelt and whispered in his ear,
"gather then to me
the Vale of Shernai."

(to be continued)

5 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

This is growing in beauty and mystery with every post.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

I too am enchanted by the deepening mystery faucon. I am waiting for the next piece. And do keep posting copies on Night Riding so we have the full set there too.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger faucon of Sakin'el said...

As I am writing these 'on the go', thoughts and questions from the gallery might be included in the Saga. I don't know where this is going -- just letting it flow through.

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

Do you think you will go very far from where you are faucon? Is this place many steps from where you sit writing?

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger faucon of Sakin'el said...

"Close"?? I thought the enchantment of Perasus is that 'nowhere' is too far, which perhaps means everything worth having is always close at hand --

but, no, we will travel 'very far'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home