Monday, October 24, 2005

Pegasus Saga (4)

PEGASUS by Right (4)

'tis said a horse cannot look straight ahead,
but both eyes did and more,
and I understood a conversation,
nay a conspiritation was afoot;
for all the leaves were atremble
and the fountain frozen
in mid-spray.

I know not who or what enjoined
to help decide a path or course
to meet this challenge --
those drawn through curiosity …
not of the Vale,
but of how I knew.

The fountain pulsed again,
and echoed in light and chimes --
words formed within my mind,
quivering -- caressing --
a voice more feminine …
yet not a single voice,
nor voice at all.

"we will go as you enthrall,
as Pegasus cannot go alone,
nor thee as known afore.

Long have we waited for permission,
now gifted by thy charge and will …"


I did not know what to make of this,
but sensed this journey quest
might take a span of when,
and closed my eyes in time to see
an unfolding of nether wings --
and I understood that Pegasus
only appeared to glow --
protecting me from the glare
of a portal from which shone …
well that's another story.

I would tell you now what I know
of Shernai ..
that I may prepare.

(to be continued)

3 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger aletta said...

It amazes me always that anyone can write poetry, let alone do it well and with consistency. I have to ask do you put yourself to the task daily whether or not inclined on that day?

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger faucon of Sakin'el said...

I usually write everyday in variety of formats, but rarely without any plan -- any stimulous of idea, sight or emotion cause it to 'flow through me'. Here, I started with a general story idea and it may turn into a book. I do not always plan on 'poetry' -- it just comes out that way. If the first pargraph look slike peotry, then I may 'force' the pattern onthe ret of the piece. I rarely spend more than 20-30 minutes on any piece including editing.

Up to about four years ago I wrote little, save technical business manuals. Since then I write 200-300 pieces a year and am working simultaniously on 23 books -- mostly compelations of these poems, stories and essays.

Of course, I have a full time job which stifles me a bit ;-), and a home that I am rebuilding 10-20 hrs a week.

If you would want to write every day -- check out Cherita Fitzgerald.

faucon

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger faucon of Sakin'el said...

Sorry about that last piece -- I had my wrist braces on -- such typing, yuk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home