Thursday, October 20, 2005

Pegusus Saga (1)

PEGASUS by RIGHT (1)

I called him up once, long ago,
(Pegasus I mean)
in boyish zeal and just because I could --
after being told how by the little lady
I helped across a street
that wasn't there (another story).

He looked just like the drawing
in an old book on mythical things --
that is, he looked just as I imagined,
which was OK because I wished
to go to an imagined place --
anywhere but home.

He was mighty big back then
and I could only get mounted, it seemed,
by making a stack of teetery things
I'd left lying around and unattended,
and somehow told of a lack of confidence
and I decided not to go just then.

Perhaps it is time to try again …

(to be continued)

2 Comments:

At 6:01 AM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

Lovely! It is, indeed, time to take another ride.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

beautiful as always, Faucon - please do call Pegasus again and share the tale with us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home