Thursday, July 13, 2006

Sakin'el Bleeds!



I post this here because it deals with fire --
and many may gather for the dance.


...............................................................

The other evening a friend sitting on our porch lit a large candle to support their chain smoking. It burned through the night, unnoticed, until it bled down the wall and scorched the railing. My fault, of course, for not having placed a dish under the decorative candle. Yet ...

I wonder a bit at the actions:

Is it proper to light a candle in another person's home without asking?

If you do light a candle, are you perhaps responsible for it -- at least to tell someone of the event?

Should not smokers have a special responsibility for cleaning up their mess and caring for the effects of their habit?

Do I address the issue with the person, or just let it slide?

Do I fix the railing, or leave it as a warning to others?

Do I acknowledge that all smokers are irresponsible and bar them to the street?

Perhaps one of you has an answer ...

papa

2 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Lorijayne said...

Jeez, Papa, that picture is positively GROSS. I thought there'd been a stabbing at first glance till I read the story. I would certainly tell your friends that Sakin'el has been sullied.......

You should post this image in Anita Marie's Chamber. It would be a good prompt for a story there.....

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

That was a very impolite person. We are ALL responsible for our own messes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home