Friday, July 14, 2006

Wizard Waltz

INVITATION TO THE DANCE

I am not the caress of the Mistress;
but by right I am –
nor am I the Lord of the Dance,
though by right I am –
and I do not conduct the orchestra;
though by right I can –
for there is nothing that is not of me;
though this is also true of thee.

What then can we do – nay I,
for you must also choose …

I offer an invitation to the dance,
for to know life
one must live life;
which somehow involves ever you –

Forget the close ordered steps
proscribed by another’s will –
Throw off the shackles of music
described as good and bad,
and listen to the EverSong
with open heart and hand.

I can neither dance well or long
with pain my closest friend,
but I can embrace the dance of life,
but in need of a partner of chance.

I can waltz with a child standing
on my scuffed ‘n aging shoes
long after the melody has ended.

I can smile at an aging crone,
reaching out to the girl within,
and treasure her shy wink of knowing.

I can lift a girl from a wheelchair
and glide between the stars
to the rhythm of quick throbbing hearts --

or I can dance in the tree-bound moonlight
with all of you now at once,
just by choosing silent awe and wonder …

for we can always dance …
dance …

once more,

again.

4 Comments:

At 6:30 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

It is the long dance with pain that has tested and exhausted me but...the thing I value is the sense of exhilaration that has come, thanks to the irrevocable connection that has been forged between Darryl and I.

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger Gwen M. Myers said...

Awesome, powerful and haunting!!! I simply must print this to savour at odd moments.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Soul Sister said...

Yes let's dance, all together, holding each other's hands in the midst of this wild, wonderful, and terrifying reel of life. Heather, you are teaching us all so much by sharing the depths of your pain. Thinking of you and holding you close to my heart.

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Soul Sister said...

Kiyan, jsut to let you know that I have posted e-mails to Trebusca cos your e-mail box lkeeps sending back my e-mails to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home