Friday, September 08, 2006

Glade am I

Glade am I

I am fain the Glade of Elkhorn
where three streams meet in churning;
and Gypsies dance from dusk ‘till morn
to jangles and swirling and hearts a pounding.

Why do you stomp ‘bout as you please
and steal my fruit just ripening;
and break the fingers from my trees
to burn my soul and set my hair a blazing?

I could rain and drown yer children
and tumble boulders on those carts;
and rip those bright dresses flaylin’,
to snap yer bow and stay yer wand’rin’ hearts.

but …

then you’d pile concrete ‘pon my head
and pave black roads across my chest;
and dam my blood ‘til green was dead,
with a honk and screech to destroy my rest.

So dance my friend with raven hair
and spill wine on my fair clover;
and catch the maid ‘neath laughing fern
that Gypsies will find this Glade forever.

faucon





4 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

I can hear the music and the laughter. It's good to be back here with you, faucon.

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Lois said...

Faucon,
Just loved "Glade am I"
I was transported to just such a spot.
I danced away my cares and woes in bare feet with skirt a twirling,all the while being aware how important the earth beneath my feet is and not to trample too long in case I damage it's frailty...
And while I dance no man made structure can harm its surface...
I am reminded of our fight for the park opposite my home and our year long hard won battle that took so much energy and caused so much pain...the victory being ours but taking some months from our lives in energy that could be better spent as we get no younger ,we should not have to use our energies this way......
We have better people to spend our time with than the bureaucrats....
Spring in my hometown is awakening all the buds and birds in the old trees that scatter Garden City Reserve ...Yesterday my friend Angie and I remarked on how grand it looks.
I have and will keep it for WE Gypsies....and you too Faucon.
Lois(Muse of the Sea)
10.9.06

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

There should always be a glade.

 
At 5:54 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

and I am glade indeed to read of the raven haired one dancing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home