Friday, November 03, 2006

Pulsing

Comments on the Solace Blog
somehow take me to a campfire --
by whose side I have found a gentler peace.

I have dredged up an Incantation,
perhaps more appropriate here than there --
but who knows.

papa
............................................................

LIVE EMBERS

Sit awhile by the midnight embers,
pulsing crimson angered breath,
sighing life and pending death,
green mem'ries dance in ashes.

Shiver on the barkened branches,
rough and bent, hewn from yearning.
Tarry not 'till sun has risen
past the time of fairie dance.

Hidden from eye and ear of darkness,
know that song and spell are one.
Find whispered hope ever done,
beside the path from Ever.

Living is nigh and bids you enter,
but pass you must unto silence;
flick'ring shadows bring resolve
by the night-fire’s silent stand.

4 Comments:

At 1:36 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Beautiful - just beautiful.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

It is always soothing to sit by the fireside here, amid the shadows of the Gypsy Camp. Just gorgeous!

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Lois said...

You like me Faucon have a facination with Camp Fires
Memories are only good ones for me...Time spent with Husband and Children ,Bro S.I.L, and their children , Mum and Dad and assorted friends and cousins
Christmas and Easter time either by the sea or camping by the river ,short times and longer stays but always a camp fire at night....The highlight of everyday was the evening meal,always by that camp fire .
We would sit for hours reminising of the days happenings ,singing to Mac on the ukulele and Dad on the mouth organ...not always a tune to recognise or even in tempo but it was never a time for anyone to rush away to watch a T.V program for we had no T.V.
Oh ! those were the days
as I have said " I'll remember before I forget.
I am always lured to my favourite spot at the Gypsy Camp.
It is nearly mid-night, past my bedtime for a woman just turned 70....

Lois(Muse of the Sea) 5.11.06

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Megan Warren said...

Faucon, this is beautiful. There are no other words to describe it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home