Sunday, October 30, 2005

Preparing for a night ride

Ever since I mentioned to the Enhantrer that I thought I would like a moonlight ride over Paris ,Pegasus has been pawing the ground near by. Getting settled into the Gypsy camp with two very active and not too helpful guests has taken a while. It turns out the gentleman’s name is Edward, another distant relative who also was born into the world for only a few hours. Lucinda and Edward hit it off immediately. Once we were assigned to a lovely caravan, and we had our first home base, they linked arms and headed out to explore the camp. There seemed to be a lots of activities going on but at the moment I was glad to finally be alone.

After arranging all our possessions neatly in the caravan I dragged a comfortable chair outside and placed it under a nearby weeping willow and planned mentally for my night ride ahead. As I was daydreaming I saw the Secretary of Donkeys Inc. in the field nearby walking a couple of donkeys. Perfect timing. I hurried over with Destiny and made arrangements for her to take care of Destiny for me until I left the gypsy camp. I was sure that my two guests would entertain themselves without any help from me and I looked forward to taking off by myself. Settling back under the tree I thought about Paris and what I would really like to see

2 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Fran said...

We welcome the noble horse to our place and have established his resting place in the donkey port. You may be assured that he will be well cared for.
The Secretary

PS. Dear Jane: Have wanted to communicate with you re your card but address seems wrong. Fran

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

A thousand welcomes - sleep well in your caravan under the stars.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home