Thursday, November 03, 2005

A message for Vi from Lavengro

``The festival was, they had told me, to last until my birthday on the twenty-second day of November. How did I come to be the one so honored? I was being treated as royalty despite being birthed a peasant."

Dear Goddess Vi,

Among our people there are no peasants, no royalty - we admire the beautiful soul and the fighting spirit. And we believe that when something is taken from you in this world, it is replaced with a gift. Sorrow and struggle is balanced by an equal amount of happiness and joy.

Your health was taken from you and you met the ordeal with courage and resilience - the true fighting spirit, the mark of a beautiful soul. It has fallen to us to redress the balance and we do so with great pleasure.
This is your gift.

Yours respectfully,

Lavengro

Gypsy Chief

4 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Oh, you're making me misty!

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Just lie back and bask in the glory and attention Vi. Given where you were last year and where you are now it is well deserved. Your courage has been a wonderful example to others.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

Those of you who may have read George Burrow's book will know that Lavengro means Master of Words - I am learning a great deal from the simplicity, honesty and humility of his prose.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Vi Jones said...

Thank you, Lavengro for the faith you have in me and for the honor you have bestowed upon me.

Indeed, this time last year, I was in an entirely different space and there were moments when I was not very courageous. Moments when I asked myself if the fight was worth it. Those moments, however, were fleeting, and I know now that the battle was worth it. Life is precious. Sometimes one has to be faced with such a crisis to appreciate life and what it is all about. The sky is bluer these days, the grass is greener, people's smiles are bigger, hugs are warmer. The birds are singing louder and I see beauty everywhere, in every leaf or rock or grain of sand. It was always there, of course, but I took so much for granted.

Thank you, Lavengro, and a big thank you to those of you who helped me last year with your thoughts and prayers. You all had a part in my recovery.

Vi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home