Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Who am I?

Here's a little game that's fun to play round the campfire.

Who Am I?
Am I `whatsisname's wife'? ( a chamringly oblique reference I once heard to myself)
Am I Laurence's mum - or Moni's, Lana's, Mags', Luci's, Chris's or Kat's?
Am I the byline on my stories? (Reporter, poet, demented scribbler?)
Am I Grandma Kav? (I must confess, I like this one best)

But actually even that is not who I really am...

I am the wind over the tree tops
The rush of waves on the shore
I am the stars filling the night sky
The trickle of waters over rocks
The song of the bird in the morning
The list of the ship as it turns toward home
I am the gold of autumn leaves
A swathe of bluebells in the spring
I am the laughter of children
The thunder of hooves
The crunch of crisp windfall apples
I am COLOURS
Many Many colours, soft, bright, pastel, bold, check, plain, striped, plaid, dotted, rainbow
I am all that that and it is all of me
And that is who I am.


Now - who are you?

2 Comments:

At 1:17 AM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

A good true friend - a beautiful thing to be.
You are truly our muse of the sea.

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely prose.

Who am I?

I am that which I was, that which I am, and that which I aspire and dream to be. I am "bewhiching"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home