Sunday, August 14, 2005

Gypsy Woman - Tarot Reading

Feeling well rested I made my way from the House of the Serpent to the gypsy camp in the glades not far from the hermitage. I crossed a wooden bridge over a flowing stream. On the other side I was met by a woman who welcomed me and offered to read my cards.

It had been so long since I had my cards read, so I took the opportunity. She took me by the hand and led me to her caravan. It was deep red in colour with a raven painted over the doorway. I ducked my head to walk through the door. The interior of the caravan was artistically decorated with a mish mash of velvet materials.

I sat down at a small round table. She joined me at the table with a bottle of wine and two glasses. She offered me wine, which I gratefully accepted. She poured the wine asking me to shuffle the cards. I shuffled them noticing that they were well used and worn. I thought of the many readings that she must have done with these cards.

The gypsy woman asked me the date of my birth. October 10th 1972 I told her. She held the cards in her hands, closing her eyes thoughtfully. She opened her eyes and dealt 3 cards in front of me.

They were The Universe, The Queen of Swords and the Three of Swords.



She explained to me the meaning of these cards.

The Universe is the symbol for the zenith of development, the achieved goal. The work is or will soon be done. You have found your place in life or will do so soon.

The Queen of Swords can be very sensitive, perceptive, sharp-witted and intelligent. On the dark side she can turn malicious, cruel, narrow-minded, bigoted or even deceitful. She can be dangerous too because of her charm and beauty which is the curse of all women.

The Three of Swords – You must face up to a painful truth. You have faced much disappointment, pain and sorrow and you are given to periods of melancholy.

There was truth for me in all that the woman told me that the cards told her of me. She finished the reading and said that she wished me well in my journey.
We then left her cosy little caravan and joined the rest of the traveling party for food, wine, stories and song.

The tarot card images and readings were from this website www.corax.com/tarot/index1.html

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Megan! This is potent! I am going to visit this little caravan soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home