Saturday, September 03, 2005

Challenge the Death Card

Death is numbered thirteen and is the most feared card in the deck. We see the Grim Reaper depicted as a dark and powerful figure, sometimes on horseback and at other times on foot. He usually carries a scythe and leaves bodies, limbs and so on in his wake. Whoever we are, Death will claim us eventually.

The Death card signifies endings, but not necessarily shocking and disruptive ones. In any case, endings always lead to new beginnings and Death itself symbolises a sweeping away of the past. If we rid ourselves of past garbage then we are free to set out on an entirely new path

When Death appears it almost always signifies a major change in one's life. Sometimes the change will appear disruptive and unexpected, sometimes it will be a breath of fresh air - clearing away obstacles and allowing you to surge forward. So do not assume that Death is a negative card - it is often just what we need in order to progress when fear is holding us up.

Change your life today by challenging taboo fears. Turn a skeleton into a stand on your dresser and 'hang' your beads and jewellry all over it. Death will see the funny side of this action and reward your humour.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I know the truth you speak and know this is little known. Part of my quest to cut superstition was fuelled by the anger I felt when things were told to me to instil fear, rather than understanding. Way to go, girl! We only ever seem to get one side of the story and that's usually the one we least want to hear. Am I alone in this thought? Loved this post very much.

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Anita Marie Moscoso said...

In my living room sitting on a wooden chair and wearing a bandana around his head and my Mardi Gras Beads around his neck is Edgar.

Edgar is my five foot tall skeleton that should have been used for teaching anatomy.

But due to something he couldn't control he had some flaws and bad hardware installed and I was able to ' adopt him ' from a place called Bucky's Boneyard.

He's out there in my living room year round and last Christmas when I put him back in my bedroom( mostly because I needed the chair) I had so many visitors asking 'where is Edgar' I brought him back out.

Ps
I didn't name him for Poe, I named him after my favorite Seattle Mariners Baseball player Edgar Martinez.

And I think if you can accept Death you can accept Life...which is something a lot of people have trouble with. No you read that right. They CAN'T accept life either.

Anita Marie

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

How very true - this is a powerful meditation. I am delighted to see new tarot meditations posted here and I hope to see a lot more.
Apropos of absolutely nothing, Anita, I always loved the story about the med students who called their skeleton Adam (because he didn't 'ave 'em anymore.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home