Friday, September 30, 2005

Diwali lights for Vi

I have just been down to the Gypsy Camp for a cup of tea, and they tell me that as November 1 is also Diwali, the Indian Festival of Lights, they will be hanging up lights through the trees and the caravans in honor of the Goddess Lakshmi, who brings good fortune.

The Gypsy King has decreed that Vi will be a Goddess for her birthday and that it will be celebrated with lights - doesn't matter what kind, candles, stars, sun shine, sparkling gems, lanterns, campfires - Vi will be bathed in the light of our love and respect for her.
I will be taking my little statue of the Goddess that I have refurbished for this year's Diwali festivities:



Lakshmi is the Goddess of Good Fortune and is a lovely diety to welcome into your life.
If you want to know more about Diwali, try http://www.diwalifestival.org/

It looks like October 31/November 1 is going to be a busy time with so many festivals and celebrations to attend, but I hope you can make it to the Gypsy Camp for Vi's Festival of Lights.

2 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

I love this goddess. I'll be there to join in.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger ravansranu said...

Mother’s Day is the most perfect and accurate Occasion to express your Love and Gratitude towards Mother.
mothers day 2017 wishes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home