Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Pied Piper Calls

Hearing this beautiful haunting music, I followed the notes to find the Pied Piper, or is it Le Enchanteur? I can't resist her call. This excites me, I have a sense of some magical adventure. I hop onto Pegasus and off we go flying up into the midnight blue sky. I could almost touch the stars, they are winking at me as I fly past.

Holding onto one of these stars is my daughter Sarah. She waves to me and I put out my arms to bring her with me. It is so good to be near her. Higher and higher we fly almost to the moon. It is such a wonderful feeling to be floating so freely through the air.

Up here above the earth, I see things with different eyes. It must be those magical glasses Le Enchanteur put in my bag. There is a calmness, excitement and a joy that is liberating. Time is immaterial.

Sadly, Pegasus snorts to tell me we are needing to go back. I look into my daughter's eyes and know that she is safe. She slides off and floats over to her star. As we are coming closer to the earth, I take out my magic wand and sprinkle fairy dust over all those who are frightened, hoping that they will feel a little of the freedom that I have experienced.





I have become like Pegasus!!
This is how I felt when I wrote this piece.
The picture is courtesy of a colouring in picture from
Fairy Children








4 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Oh Leonie! What a haunting tune the piper played for you. Tears came to my eyes as I read of your glorious time with Sarah. The Piper will sleep well tonight, knowing her mission is complete.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Just beautiful.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

A lovely, touching piece, Leonie. Thank you for sharing it with us.

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Viridiana said...

thank you so much for the link to this fabulous site - just what I needed and what a beautiful story and pic to go with it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home